Gays can adopt!!!

   I was raised by two heterosexual parents whose idea of parenting included mental and physical abuse.  They paired it with alcoholism and self medicading; giving me a colorful upbringing. 
   When I hear ridiculous claims that same-sex couples cannot possibly raise children I shake my head in dissapointment.  There is no other side of the argument.  In my book: whenever a person(s) is against laws that would move gays rights forward, they are homophobic.  Saying "I have nothing against gays, it's just in the bible..."  that's code for "I don't want to come off as the homophob I am, so I'll just use the bible as excuse."  Same, different sex couples, or single parents could raise another human being to be productive members of society; as long as they are good people with love to give and a stable home to provide - why stand in the way.  When this ban was over turned I was ecstatic that children have a better chance to go to a loving home, than bounce around foster homes.

Great comment by humuhumunukunukuapuaa:
MEMO TO TEABAGGERS: You want to take America back? Well, I prefer it when we take it forward.

Source: Huffington Post 
______



1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing step forward, FL is finally getting with the times..

    ReplyDelete

sup?

Related Posts with Thumbnails