Milan Design Week 2011: Philippe Starck lighting the way

Whenever I think of Philippe Starck, it reminds me of some douche bag from my Design 2 class, but after that his Louis XIV Ghost Chair comes to mind.

'marie coquine chandelier' by philippe starck
images courtesy of baccarat

From Design Boom:
the designs within the 'highlights collection' range from contemporary reinterpretations of classic chandeliers to complete free-ranging design variations in which heritage is fused with modernity. here, crystal is combined with the most unlikely materials into lighting structures, utilizing LED technologies. Philippe starck's 'marie coquine chandelier' features a classic looking candelabra that is structured around an umbrella.

acting as a canopy over the lighting unit, it diffuses its luminosity to create a soft ambience.

_______

This chandelier specially with its tiny shades is not my style.  Yet when I saw this chandelier something really caught my eye.  I don't know if it is the oddly placed umbrella, or the unified color that makes the parts blend in while still showcasing the baccarat crystals, which attracted me....But something about this design pleases me.

He took a very conservative Marie gave her an update and a little naughty (coquine)charm.

1 comment:

  1. Milan Design Week didn’t disappoint design lovers this year! Design Gallerist is grateful to have been present in one of the most important world design events. Stay tuned to our blog post because soon there will be fantastic interviews! Please visit http://www.designgallerist.com/

    ReplyDelete

sup?

Related Posts with Thumbnails