My Job at a Glance

Me: 57 – take WB Semoran Blvd to SB OBT call me approaching Silver Star….
57: 10-4
Me: 47 – Take EB Semoran Blvd to NB US-17 92 call approaching SR-46
47: 10-4
Me: Air 1 – Check congestion on SR-408
Air 1: Copy.

47: Radio- I haven’t found SR-46 yet crossing Semoran Blvd…I’m at Semoran by Red Bug Lake Rd
Me: 47- I asked you to take NB US17 92 to there…but it is alright take Tuskawilla to SR-434
47: Oh I didn’t hear you, sorry Radio.

*off radio* FUCKING CHRIST I KNOW YOU HEARD ME YOU DICK

Me: 47- Oh it’s alright don’t worry about it just get back on track Tuskawilla to SR-434

*off radio* DAMN YOU 47 - BY THE TIME YOU GET TO THE SCENE, THERE WILL BE NO MORE FUCKING ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!

_______________

I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyday is so different.  My coworkers are absolute dolls even though I want to just roll my eyes at their frivilous concerns.  I have to dispatch 2 vehicles and an air unit on top of dealing with on air personalities, computer issues, commercial breaks that last too long, spots that they can’t squeeze into 30 seconds, copies that get lost, scheduling conflicts and WHO THE FUCK TOOK THE LAST CUP OF COFFEE?!

:D The adrenaline that comes from all this is so sexy, it gets me on my feet. I just can’t sit still. I really wonder what a TV producer goes through, sitting behind the scenes with all those screens. The rush from your blood boiling, the urge to throw a chair across the room, over correcting and having back ups for back ups…..My nipples get hard just thinking about it.

This is why I work so well under pressure.

News Desks Unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sup?

Related Posts with Thumbnails