Architecture + Space: Tiny Apartment - not so tiny

This was a long time posting.  I love watching this video.  The small apartment has been transformed into a seamless shapeshifting home.  I grew up in a one bedroom apartment with my parents and brother, so space has been and will always be a challenge.  Some of my best memories growing up is helping my father construct bunk beds, space saving shelves, drawers, even hammocks to make the best out of our situation.  He really instilled in me valuable lessons of what can be done, when it has to be.  He can take a complicated situation, break it down, and come out with a solution.
I stare at rooms and I get annoyed of all the vertical space that is wasted.  There is a lot of growth in this subject to be learned.




In Hong Kong, because of the space, apartments are small and expensive. Gary Chang, an architect, decided to design a 344 sq. ft. apartment to be able to change into 24 different designs, all by just sliding panels and walls. He calls this the "Domestic Transformer."

No comments:

Post a Comment

sup?

Related Posts with Thumbnails